The Band is a new musical featuring the music of the iconic group Take That. Written by Tim Firth, the musical opened in September 2017 to rave reviews. Casting for the production was done through Let It Shine, a BBC reality TV show.
The tour will run through July 2018, with dates planned for Cardiff, Liverpool, Canterbury, Norwich, Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Plymouth and more.
Set in 1992, The Band means everything to five 16-year-old girls. Twenty-five years later, the girls reunite once again to try and fulfill their dreams of meeting their childhood heroes.
The production features the music of boy band Take That, whose famous hits include “Back For Good,” “Never Forget,” “Greatest Day,” “A Million Love Songs,” “Shine & Rule the World,” “The Flood,” and “Relight My Fire.”
The Band has become the fastest-selling musical tour in history.
The band’s cast members include:
- Nick Carsberg
- AJ Bentley
- Sario Solomon
- Curtis T Johns
- Yazdan Qafouri
- Other talented cast members include:
- Rachel Lumberg as Rachel. Rachel is best known for her roles in Undercover Heart, The Moonstone and South Kensington.
- Emily Joyce as Heather. Emily is known for her roles on My Almost Famous Family, Mutual Friends, The Glass and My Hero.
- Jayne McKenna is cast as Zoe. Jayne is known for her roles in Mangal Pandey: The Rising, The Deal and London Road.
- Alison Fitzjohn as Claire. Alison’s theatre credits include Gangsta Granny, a West End production.
- Lauren Jacobs as Young Zoe.
- Sarah Kate Howarth as Young Claire.
- Katy Clayton as Young Heather.
- Faye Christall as Young Rachel.
- Martin Miller as Jeff.
- Rachelle Diedericks as Debbie.
- Andy Williams as Dave.
Take That is an English pop group from Manchester. Formed in 1990, the band has 17 top 5 singles and 28 top 40 singles. A total of 12 of their singles have reached number one on the charts, and they have 7 number one albums.
On an international level, the iconic pop group has 37 number one albums and 57 number one singles. They are the most successful boy band in history.
Take That set a record for the fastest-selling tour in Britain with their “Progress Live” tour. The 2009 “Circus Live Tour” held the previous record. In 2012, the band was named as the fifth highest-earning musical act in the world by Forbes.
In 2014, the band released a new album as a trio, entitled III. The album spawned the single “These Days,” which became Take That’s 12th number one single in Britain.